Although online casinos have revolutionised gambling on a global scale because of their convenience, mobility, privacy and sheer choice of games, there is still one aspect in which they are trumped by land casinos - human interaction. When some online casino fans complained that they missed the human experience available at land casinos, the online casino industry listened, deliberated and countered by introducing Live Dealer Casinos.
While the majority of online casinos fans are only too happy to gamble without the distraction of their fellow gamblers, waiters, dealers and pit bosses that gravitate in land casinos, some missed the human touch that live dealers bring to the table, and it is for those online casino fans that live dealer games such as Live Blackjack, Live Roulette, Live Hold'em and Live Baccarat were born. Live games can be played on your computer, laptop or mobile device just like any other online casino game. However, instead of a purely graphical interface, you'll see a partial graphical interface alongside a live-streamed feed showing a table game and a dealer that replicates your bets and instructions in real time.
All of the Live Dealer Casinos we feature have been thoroughly vetted by our casino review team, and have been deemed safe, stable, reliable, trustworthy and lucrative with:
- State-of-the-art security and encryption software
- A good selection of games featuring live dealers
- Generous sign up bonus offers for new players
- Secure and safe live streaming environments
200 Live Dealer Casinos
The Ins and Outs of Live Dealer Casino Games
Where traditional online casino games use state-of-the-art RNG (random number generator) software to determine the outcome of every spin of the wheel or reels, roll of the dice, deal of the card or pick of a number, Live Dealer Casino Games rely on the actual casino game equipment and human dealers to for those outcomes. For instance, when playing Live Dealer Roulette, you have to place your chips on your graphical table just as you would in a regular online roulette game, but then the dealer in real time spins the wheel, and wherever the balls lands determines whether your bet has won or not.
In the case of Live Dealer Blackjack, Live Dealer Baccarat and Live Dealer Hold'em the same principles apply - you place your bets just as you would on a regular game of online Blackjack, Baccarat or Hold'em, and then your respective dealer deals the cards in real time over the live feed. In fact, the way the Live Dealer Casino Games system has been designed, all of your actions from betting, to folding, to requesting another card, to doubling down and so on are instantly conveyed to the live dealer, who is trained to respond and interact with you accordingly, just as they would in a traditional land casino.
Benefits of Live Dealer Casino Games
Live Dealer Games Online may not be every online gambler's cup of tea, but for many they offer the ideal blend of an online casino game and a land casino game. Here are a few benefits of Live Dealer Games:
- Real Casino Equipment: Genuine land casino game equipment determines the outcome of every spin or deal instead of RNG computer software
- Live Human Interaction: The fact players interact in real time with people provides a social element missing from regular online casino games
- Use Casino Systems: RNG software may have made most 'systems' obsolete at online casinos, but you can still use them on Live Dealer Games
- Dealers Changed Up: Because live dealers work in shifts, depending on how long your casino session is, you can interact with multiple dealers
Drawbacks of Live Dealer Casino Games
Although Live Dealer Games have added another dimension to online gambling, they are not without their faults which is why you won't find them in all online casinos. Here are some drawbacks of Live Games:
- Lag Time: Live Dealer Games are not as quick as their land or online casino counterparts as the dealers must read and process player instructions before they action them
- Higher Game Limits: Because of the costs involved in hosting and live streaming these games, casinos have made Live Dealer limits higher than regular online games
- Increased Bandwidth: Due to the constant live streaming nature of these types of online casino games, your internet costs may increase exponentially the more you play
- Need Reliable Internet: As a result of the high bandwidth required for live streaming, you need strong and reliable bandwidth or your Live Games risk being interrupted
Live Dealer FAQ's
If you're new to Live Dealer Games, you may have question or two regarding this exciting genre of online casinos games. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of common Live Game frequently asked questions we've received from players over the years:
What Live Dealer Games Have Been Released?
At this time, Live Roulette, Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat and Live Hold'em are the most widely available Live Dealer games.
What is the Most Popular Live Dealer Game?
This varies from casino to casino and country to country, but in general Live Blackjack and Live Roulette are the most popular.
Do You Need Fast Internet for Live Games?
Yes. Your Live Casino Games experience will be greater the faster, more stable and more reliable your internet connection is.
Do You Need Special Live Dealer Software?
No. If you can play an online casino's regular games on your respective internet browser, you'll be able to play its Live Games.
Do Live Games Work on Smart Phones and Devices?
Yes. However bear in mind that the entire point of Live Dealer Games is the human interaction, which will obviously be better the bigger your screen.
Are Live Dealer Games Honest and Fair?
Absolutely. No online casino wants to risk having their license revoked or their reputation tarnished by offering less than fair games.